This post is originally written and posted by Nereo Cajilig Luján.
The Sabine Haines Memorial Hospital was opened in 1905 on Iznart Street in Iloilo City, in what is now the Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA).
The hospital, donated by Charles Haines of New York and named after his son, replaced the bamboo dispensary that Dr. Andrew J. Hall established in 1901 on what is now Ledesma Street.
It became the Union Mission Hospital in 1907 when the Baptists joined forces with the Presbyterians in evangelical works in Panay.
It was later renamed Iloilo Mission Hospital when the Baptists were given full control of the facility in 1924, which later moved to Jaro in 1931.
Read also: List of Iloilo City Cultural Heritage Sites