Registration: November 6 to November 30, 2019
Competition duration: November 6, 2019 to January 12, 2020
Deadline for submission of entries: January 12, 2020
Declaration of winners: During Dinagyang Festival (venue and time to be announced)
1. This is open to all barangays and residents in Iloilo City.
2. Entries must be a product of a joint undertaking by a barangay and a professional designer (architect, engineer, fashion designer, visual artist, etc.)
3. Interested parties must fill up the registration form from the competition secretariat where they will receive an assigned entry number. This entry number shall be the identity of the participating team.
4. The teams must use their assigned numbers as identities to their entries. Entries with barangay names and/or team names shall not be considered for judging.
5. Participating teams may only submit one (1) entry.
6. Qualities of street signages such as size of signboards, fonts, colors, etc. should conform to the DPWH Highway Safety Design Standards: Part 2 – Road Sign and Pavement Markings.
7. Entries should be submitted in a 20” x 30” board consisting of the following information:
a. Elevation with dimensions that are drawn to a legible scale
b. Concept rationale and evolution
c. Specification of materials including connections
e. Other relevant information
8. Entries should contain all the needed information without the need for oral explanation.
9. Quality and composition of the presentation material is left to the participants’ creativity.
10. All entries must be submitted to the competition secretariat within the deadline before 5:00pm.
11. For inquiries, the teams can contact the competition secretariat in the duration of the competition.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Innovation and Creativity of Concept – 30 pts
Suitability/ Appropriateness to standards – 20 pts
Cost-effectiveness and replicability – 20 pts
Attractiveness and aesthetics – 15 pts
and completeness of entry – 15 pts
Total – 100 pts
Iloilo City Street Name Signages Design Competition Secretariat
Attn: Mel John Corral
City Planning and Development Office
4th Floor City Hall
333-1111 local 406
Source: Iloilo City Government