Even healthy watersheds experience regular stressors and need to be revitalized. Add to this list the present issues of climate change, poor agricultural practices, and other environmental damage. It’s time to protect our watersheds.
A healthy watershed is the underpinning of a thriving agricultural community. With our food supply coming from our farmlands, we must take action now to ensure the health of our ecosystems.
Qualifications for Entry
1. The theme of the photo contest is “SAVE OUR WATERSHED.”
2. The contest is open to all.
3. Each participant is allowed to submit ONE (1) entry only.
4. The final output or format of the photo must be digital and printed on these
a. Orientation: portrait or landscape
b. Size: 11 x 14 inches, no borders
c. Resolution: 300 dpi
To be sent to:
PROVINCIAL ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICE
FMS Compound, Parola Street, Iloilo City
5. The photo description must indicate the place where the image was taken and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
6. If a person is recognizable in a photograph, the photographer must obtain permission from that person or, in the case of minors, the subject’s parent or
7. Photos that are digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes are not allowed. However, minor adjustments, such as brightness and contrast, or the digital equivalents, are acceptable.
8. Photographs that have been submitted to or won in any other contests or have been published in print or online are not allowed.
9. Photos that violate copyright laws are disqualified.
10. Photos that show immoral, obscene, and/or in violation of human rights are not allowed.
11. No registration or application fee is required.
12. The entry form must be filled out completely and accurately. The Department of Environment and Natural Resources 6 shall not be held liable for misrepresentations indicated by the entrant.
13. No entry will be accepted if the required information and materials are not included and/or complete.
14. All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
a. Relevance (50%)
– This is how the adherence to the theme. How well does the photograph capture or illustrate the theme? Does the image effectively tell a story or convey a mood or value?
b. Technical requirements – 30%
-Shows how the composition is skillful and dynamic with the use of lighting, focus, depth-of-field, etc.
c. OVERALL IMPACT (20%)
– Shows whether the photo draws interest and can grab and hold the viewers’ attention.
d. Special Awards
The photo that earns the nod of the judges due to the quality of style, composition, and dynamic use of lighting, focus, depth-of-field, etc. wins the
15. The judge’s decisions are final.
16. Permission form from the copyright owner/ permission letter of the photographed individual if applicable.
17. The deadline for submission of entries is 12:00 PM on September 20, 2021.
18. Entries should be sent at [email protected] with the subject entry DENR 6 Save Our Watershed Photo Contest.
19. All submitted entries and materials required by the organizers shall remain in the archives, but the copyright of the material belongs to the creator. The participants also grant DENR 6 FMP – ILOILO the right to showcase the entries in any visual medium, in public and private places, and on the Internet for
promotion and information both local and international.
20. DENR 6 FMP – ILOILO is not liable for any fraudulent personifications or acts made by the participants.
21. For more information and inquiries on the submission of entries and contest rules, please email DENR 6 FMP – ILOILO at [[email protected]] or contact them at 09272983636 (Glory Moralidad), 09488950775 (Kleene Carnaje), 09100677539 (Marivel Alog).
22. Winners will be announced on September 30, 2021.
23. Winners will receive: P7,000 (1st Place), P5,000 (2nd Place), and P3,000 (3rd Place). Seven (7) finalists will also receive SOW tokens. All participants will receive their certificate of participation.
Download the form here.
Source: FMP Iloilo – DENR 6