Heads up, Ilonggo filmmakers! MAKE QUALITY FILMS THE RIGHT WAY
The Iloilo Summer Arts Festival and the Film Development Council of the Philippines present the ILOILO FILMS WORKSHOP AND COMPETITION—a first-of-its-kind event that aims to empower aspiring and experienced Ilonggo filmmakers and guide them through the rigorous ~but proper~ process of making quality films!
Aiming to teach the proper pace in filmmaking, the Iloilo Films Workshop and Competition will have three stages: (1) a filmmaking basics workshop, (2) a film trailer pitch competition, and (3) the film competition proper (showing of films during the Iloilo City Charter Day 2020).
Following are the Mechanics, How to Join, and Important Dates to remember:
Theme: “Locally Interesting, Globally Appealing”
• The Iloilo Films Workshop and Competition will start with film education. The resource persons will be:
– Arden Rod Condez for Screenplay and Sequence Treatment Writing
– Sheron Dayoc for Directing
– Kevin Pison Piamonte for Dossier Making and Presentation
• There will be 2 categories: Student and Open. But a student can opt to join the Open category that will be open to experienced filmmakers who have made at least 1 short film screened in a festival.
• During the trailer pitch competition, three entries in each category will be given SEED MONEY for their film. Trailer pitch should be 3-5 minutes.
• The short films will be presented in another competition during the Iloilo Charter Day. Awards will be for:
– Best Film
– Jury’s Prize
– Audience Choice
• However, all workshop participants may join the competition.
• Films should be completed and submitted by July 1, 2020.
• Running time of the short film should be 20 minutes including opening credits and closing credits.
HOW TO JOIN
• Submit a 1-page Synopsis of your storyline. Format: Font type – Times New Roman or Arial; Font size – 12 points; single-spaced, with 1-inch margin on both sides; Paper size – short bond paper. Only the title of the entry should appear on the Synopsis page.
• Submit a Director’s Profile with title of the entry. The Director’s Profile should include contact number, email, and address.
• Submit a photocopy of 1 valid ID: School ID (for those joining the Student Category), driver’s license, or any government-issued ID.
• Participants should be a resident of the City or Province of Iloilo
• Entries should be submitted in 4 hard copies at the FDCP Office, B&C Building, corner Iznart and Solis streets, Iloilo City. Contact numbers: 3350543 or 09081989704. Office hours: 9 AM to 6 PM, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
• Deadline for submission of entries is on March 25, 2020. Only 1 entry per filmmaker may be submitted.
• All entries should be contained in a long brown envelope properly labeled as “Entry Iloilo Summer Arts Festival: Film Workshops and Competition.”
Announcement of workshop qualifiers: April 5, 2020
Workshops: April 18 and 19, 2020
Film trailer pitch competition: April 25, 2020