Calling all storytellers! Join the Human Rights Short Film Competition. Create a 2-4 minutes short film to move the nation. Check out the guidelines below.
1. The competition is open to all residents of Region 6, Philippines
2. Films should not be less than two (2) minutes but not more than four (4) minutes total running time
3. Films must be in line with the theme of human rights issues in Region 6, including but not limited to violence against women and children, human trafficking and children in conflict with the law (CICL).
4. Any form is accepted – narrative, documentary, animation, etc.
5. Films should be in Hiligaynon and must have English subtitles.
6. All entries should be original, including the film’s music and all other elements. The filmmaker should secure permission to use all copyrighted materials (music, photos, video clips) that appear in the film.
7. Filmmakers may submit more than one entry.
8. Films submitted should be in h.264 .mp4, or .avi format via Google Drive/ link to downloadable HD file of the film entry.
9. All entries submitted should have the following complete information (Title of the Film, Director, Director’s contact number, Director’s e-mail, Producer, Producer’s number, Producer’s e-mail, Running Time, Date of Production).
10. Please submit your entries (link of online screener of your film and complete information) at [email protected] or at the CHR Region 6 office.
11. Deadline for entries is on January 24, 2020, 5:00 P.M.
12. A shortlist of finalists in each category shall be announced on January 26, 2020. Final selection by the jury shall be on January 28, 2020 and Awarding of winners shall be on January 31, 2020
13. Prizes for winning entries are as follows:
1st place – Php15, 000
2nd place – Php10, 000
3rd place – Php8, 000
Consolation prizes – Php1, 000
Credits to: Dakila