The Philippine Business for Education (“PBEd”) holds an essay writing contest for current senior high school (“SHS”) students (including incoming college students) from August 2, 2021 to September 13, 2021.
With the theme on the importance of the youth voting in elections, the content of the essay should answer the question: “Why is youth voting important?” This prompt will be released on the day of the launch of the contest.
Essay-Writing Contest Mechanics
- The Essay Writing Contest is open to all senior high school students (Grades 11 and 12), including those that have recently graduated this year and are incoming college students.
- There is only one entry required for each participant.
- The word count for the essay should not exceed 800 words. The participant is free to use either Filipino or English in writing.
- The submitted output should meet the following criteria to be qualified as winners
- Adherence and creativity of approach to the theme (50%)
- Connection made to social realities (30%)
- Organization of thoughts (20%)
- Registration and Submission:
Participants may submit their entries through Google Forms through this link: bit.ly/FYPContestForm.
If Google Forms is not available to the participant, they should submit their entries along with the following information through the Sibika.ph Facebook page or through e-mail to [email protected]:
- Participant’s name, age, grade level
- Name of participant’s school and the city or municipality and province where it is located.
The data collected will only be for documentation purposes. Upon the end of the competition, only the contact details of the winners will be saved in the database of Sibika.
The entry must have a title included in its content. The output may be handwritten (if handwritten, the participant should take a readable photo of their work) or typewritten.
- Essays submitted before 2 August 2021 and before the posting of the writing prompt will not be accommodated. Meanwhile, the deadline for submission of entries is on 13 September 2021.
- The best three works chosen will be announced as the winning entries. The prizes granted to the winners will be P10,000.00 for first place, P7,000.00 for second place, and P5,000.00 for third place.
You may download these guidelines at here: bit.ly/FYPContestGuide
Source: Sibika.ph Facebook Page