WHAT IS IT?
This refers to the provision by the DSWD of the financial assistance to the affected individuals and families of a province, city or municipality declared under a localized ECQ through the resolution/s of the IATF-EID (Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases), as approved by the President. (ILOILO CITY AND PROVINCE WERE PLACED ON ECQ EFFECTIVE JULY 16, 2021 TO AUGUST 7, 2021)
- The financial assistance is referred to as “Special AICS” or Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation.
This special cash assistance shall be the program component of the AICS to be implemented by the DSWD, in partnership with the Local Government Units (LGUs), to provide immediate relief to those affected in the areas under the localized ECQ.
- DSWD Field Office VI will transfer the funds to LGUs, which will be releasing the aid to the affected families and individuals. The Special “AICS” shall be provided in cash to the eligible beneficiaries as stated hereunder.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
The target beneficiaries of the special AICS include individuals and families who are suffering from the economic disruption brought about by the declaration of a localized ECQ in the province, city or municipality (In Western Visayas, these are Iloilo City and Province) and may include the following:
1. Eligible beneficiaries of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) under Republic Act (R.A.) No. 11469 (Bayanihan 1) and additional beneficiaries of emergency subsidy under Section 4, f(3) of R.A. No. 11494 (refers to waitlisted SAP beneficiaries) which database is under the custody of the DSWD or the concerned LGU.
2. Individuals belonging to vulnerable groups, such as individuals living alone, senior citizens or Persons with Disability (PWD). Provided that any of these individuals shall not be qualified separately, if they are already identified or listed as a member of a family that is listed among the beneficiary-families;
3. Other individuals and families whose employment and livelihood have been affected by the ECQ including those who have been stranded by reason thereof in the province, city, municipality under ECQ, subject to the condition laid down below.
Provided that the target beneficiaries shall be limited only to the individuals or families who, at the time of the declaration of the ECQ, are physically residing, either permanently or temporarily, or who are still [found] in the province, city or municipality under ECQ.
HOW ARE THE BENEFICIARIES IDENTIFIED AND VALIDATED?
- The target beneficiaries shall be validated by the concerned City/Municipal
Social Welfare and Development Officer (C/MSWDO) and certified by the local chief executive (LCE).
For the purpose of finalizing the list of beneficiaries, the concerned officials shall review its available database in the barangay including, but not limited to, SAP database or Community-Based Monitoring System, and ensure that only those physically residing, permanently or temporarily, or are still [found) in the locality at the time of the declaration of the ECO shall be included.
The identification, validation and certification of the C/MSWDO and the LCE on the list shall thus bear this attestation. Provided that the cleansing and duplicate checking of the list of the beneficiaries shall be the sole responsibility of the concerned LGUs.
WHAT AREAS ARE COVERED?
- ILOILO CITY
- ILOILO PROVINCE
HOW MUCH WILL BE RELEASED?
Affected individuals in the ECQ Areas shall receive $1,000 each, with a maximum amount of P4,000 per family.
HOW WILL THIS BE IMPLEMENTED?
In Iloilo City and Province, the funds for financial assistance shall be transferred by the DSWD Field Office VI to the LGUs.
The LGU shall release the assistance IN CASH to their constituents, provided, that the type, manner, and process of distribution shall be in compliance with the Memorandum of Agreement between the DSWD and the LGU, and in accordance to the Special AICS Guidelines
Prior to the actual distribution, the LGU shall post in its official website, social media accounts, and at conspicuous places in the concerned barangays the list of approved beneficiaries, limited only to the following information: (a) given, middle, and last names of beneficiary; and (b) barangay and district.
The DSWD shall provide technical assistance while the DILG shall monitor the management and distribution.
The LGUs shall submit to the DSWD Field Office VI and DILG Regional Office a daily report on the status of the financial assistance distribution.
HOW WILL THE CASH AID BE DISTRIBUTED?
- The special AICS shall be given to the beneficiaries directly through manual payout by the concerned LGUs.
The LGUs will determine the most viable means of payout. It may be done via door-to-door, clustering or per barangay payout, whichever is deemed most convenient to expedite the distribution.
The LGU shall make the option with the restrictions and health protocols imposed by the IATF-EID strictly observed in either case.
WHEN IS THE DISTRIBUTION?
- Distribution must be completed within 15 days from the date the fund is transferred to the LGU
- Close monitoring shall be ensured by the DSWD with the assistance of the DILG, DND, PNP, AFP or any other agencies as may be warranted by any circular on such partnership engagement.
NEEDED DOCUMENTS DURING PAYOUT
- List of paid beneficiaries or payroll to be signed by the beneficiaries;
- Photocopy of the beneficiaries’ identification cards with their specimen signatures; Photo documentation of the conduct of payout; and, Certification of Payment duly signed by the authorized official/s of the concerned LGUs.
WHERE YOU CAN BRING YOUR COMPLAINTS
- This can be brought to the LGU Grievance and Appeal Committee.
The LGUs shall be solely responsible in accepting and processing grievances relative to the inclusion and/or exclusion of beneficiaries, non-receipt of subsidy, and any other matters related to the distribution of the subsidy with dispatch, subject to the monitoring authority of the DILG, the DSWD, DND and/or other partner agencies.
- In line with this, the LGUs shall establish a dedicated committee at the barangay level to process grievances and appeals for inclusion/exclusion.
The Local Chief Executive (LCE) shall determine the composition of the said committee. The committee shall act expeditiously on all complaints and shall maintain a hotline to receive complaints.