As the number 1 Health & Beauty retail brand in Asia, Watsons is committed to take steps to fulfill its goal of sustainability to ensure that our planet will look Look Good and Feel Great for the future generations.
With this, Watsons recognizes brands and products that were mindfully created to better serve its customers and the planet. Known as Clean Beauty products, these do not contain any toxins or harmful ingredients. Instead, ingredients from responsibly managed forests or plantations are used to assure a sustainable future. The brand has also come up with better packaging for their products to further help in lessening plastic and paper wastes which eventually end up in the ocean.
Clean Beauty products say no to these 10 unwanted ingredients:
1. Hydroquinone used for skin lightening may cause skin discoloration
2. Triclosan used as an antibacterial and preservative may cause hormone disruption
3. Triclocarban used as an antibacterial and preservative may cause hormone disruption
4. Quaternium-15 used as an antibacterial and preservative may cause skin allergies
5. Chloroacetamide used as an antibacterial and preservative may cause skin allergies
6. Phthalates used as a fragrance ingredient may cause hormone disruption
7. O-phenylphenol used as a preservative and fragrance ingredient may cause respiratory problems and skin irritation
8. Borates used as an emulsifier or preservative may cause skin irritation and hormone disruption
9. Methylene Glycol used as a preservative may be a carcinogen
10. Microplastics used as an exfoliator which absorbs toxins in the water are hazardous to marine life
Watsons has lots of Clean Beauty brands and products. These include Clean hair care brands such as Naturals by Watsons, Herbal Essences, and Nanny Roses; personal care brands such as Dove, Nivea, and Palmolive; and skincare products from Aveeno, Thayers, QuickFX, and Luxe Organix.
Check out Clean Beauty products that are good for you and the planet. There are many ways to shop at Watsons!